Grade 9 at Launceston Big Picture School
YEAR 9: Learning Through Interest and Internship
Every year, your learning opportunities grow and so do our expectations of what you should do.
As a year 9 student, your specific requirements are:
- Explore your interests in the world participating in at least 10 excursions and at least 6 outside your local community.
- Explore an interest completing at least one in-depth project.
- Explore with your advisory teacher the BPE learning goals and ensure your learning plan attends to each of them.
- Read at least three books including one autobiography.
- Have a positive impact on your community by participating with your advisory in at least one service learning activity or project.
- Participate in at least one internship in the latter half of the year.
- Do at least one LTI project.
- Write in your journal at least three times per week.
- Develop your portfolio.
- Complete a personal narrative each term.
By now you are learning how to learn in the world as well as at school. You are also meeting people who know a lot and are also learning all through their lives.
That’s what you’ll do too – learn all through your life.
YEAR 9 TO DO LIST INCLUDES
Read at least 3 (three) books
Complete at least 1 (one) LTI project