Grade 11 at Launceston Big Picture School
YEAR 11: Your Senior Years
By Year 11, you are becoming an expert learner and a bit of a teacher as well. You will have the opportunity to learn a lot and understand the nature of learning itself. But, you will still need to work hard.
As a Year 11 student, your specific requirements are:
- Demonstrate heightened personal qualities and depth of work.
- Play a leadership role in the school.
- Mentor a younger student.
- Get your Senior Thesis Project proposal and approved by committee.
- Read at least 6 books during the year, including 2 autobiographies.
- Update your portfolio.
- Write the first 25 pages of your autobiography.
- Research universities or TAFE colleges and their requirements.
- Plan any remaining gaps in university/TAFE admissions requirements into your Learning Plan.
- Bring your family to Careers Night.
- Visit universities or TAFE colleges.
- Begin to create a portfolio for post-school (resume, transcripts, essay, awards, and best work).
- Prepare for any course assessments.
YEAR 11 TO DO LIST INCLUDES
Mentor a younger student
Read at least 5 (five) books
Research universities, career options, and further education and training opportunities
Develop Graduation Portfolio