Grade 12 at Launceston Big Picture School
YEAR 12: Your Senior Years
Year 12 is not the end of your learning; it may only be the beginning. By now you will probably be becoming an expert learner yet you’ll see there is more to learn. Also by now you should be learning to help others learn.
As a Year 12 student, your specific requirements are:
- Demonstrate heightened personal qualities and depth of work.
- Play a leadership role in the school.
- Mentor a younger student.
- Complete an in-depth Senior Thesis Project.
- Meet consistently with your Thesis mentor.
- Contact a resource related to the Thesis at least every other week and keep track of these contacts.
- Write a detailed autobiography.
- Prepare for and take any required assessments.
- Complete a post-school portfolio.
- Visit and interview universities or TAFE colleges.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Research and apply to a university or TAFE college (if applicable).
- Read one book each month (9 total, including one autobiography).
- Update your portfolio.
- Create a post-high school plan.
- Present your work and reflection at a graduation exhibition.
YEAR 12 TO DO LIST INCLUDES
Mentor a younger student
Complete a Senior Thesis Project
Complete a Graduation Portfolio