Do you have a skill you would love to share or just an interest in working with teenagers as a mentor then we welcome you to come and have a chat with us. We believe that students benefit from a range of influences, supporting our philosophy of “One Student at a time in a Community of Learners”.
If you have thought of becoming a volunteer at our school -, it is a Legislative requirement under the Registration to Work with Vulnerable
People Act 2013 for all volunteers in schools to hold a RWVP. RWVP applications can be processed by:
- applying online via the Department of Justice website
- select Volunteer as the class of registration
- ensure you tick Child education service (government schools) as the child related activity in which you are registering
- fill out your personal particulars
- answer yes to ‘Are you currently working or volunteering in a child related activity?’
- select Department of Education as the organisation from the drop down list
- proceed with remainder of your application and submit
- visit Service Tasmania with the reference number for proof of identity and photograph
Fees are $18.60 and standard processing time takes about 6 weeks from the date of payment.
A National Police Check is totally different to Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP), you don’t need a Police Check to work in schools - but you do need a RWVP.
If you have any queries then please contact the school to discuss on 6335 1500